Just recently Croatian Metal Jacket Magazine conducted a long, interesting and also funny interview with the fretless guru STEVE DI GIORGIO, talking about Testament, Death, Act Of Denial, Sadus, Mother Of All + many other topics, including Steve’s musical influences, bass playing preferences, explaining the difference between the fretless and the regular bass, the current world situation, his plans after pandemic, etc.
Please, join and enjoy the podcast here:
Steve Di Giorgio MJM Podcast – Full Topic list:
– Personal observations regarding Covid-19, and effect on music industry
– Recent work with Testament, releasing an album in the wake of a lockdown, and future plans
– Time spent with Death, his relationship with Chuck Schuldiner, unusual and funny stories while he was in the band
– Musical influences, bass playing preferences, explaining the difference between the fretless, and the regular bass, using fingers or a pick to play, etc…
– Things Steve tries to accomplish, and things he tries to avoid when writing music, what is his musical nightmare, which two genres should never end up mixed together…
– International melodic death metal supergroup Act Of Denial – how did he meet Niko and Vojan, and how did the whole thing came to life, future plans with the band, and maybe a show in Croatia someday?
– We wanted Steve to speak some Croatian for us, but we couldn’t trick him to do it
– Steve talked about his least favorite tracks (early Sadus days), and explained why is that so
– His point of view on modern metal, and does it need a change
– Free time, hobbies, his dog Runa
– New albums or projects to announce?
– Plans after the pandemic
– Message for MJM readers, and his supporters
Read the whole article on Metal Jacket Magazine, here:
Please Note, STEVE DI GIORGIO is available for studio sessions as well as session bassist for tours. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fretless guru, STEVE DI GIORGIO doesn’t need any longer introductions, as he is widely renowned as a pioneer on the fretless bass in heavy metal music, being the bassist of TESTAMENT, DEATH and SADUS, among others. Within his genre, STEVE DI GIORGIO is respected for his playing skills, versatility and incredible technique. He has more than 40 studio album recordings and over 20 years of touring the world.
Watch Steve Di Giorgio LowDown: Bass Playthrough | Terra Odium – Crawling:
More information at:
STEVE DI GIORGIO:http://www.stevedigiorgio.com |